It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 06:08 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

Visas

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

Visas

Postby Nickyjo39 » Thu 9 Jan 2014 18:18 GMT

Another question
My husband is applying for the essential skills visa, I will eventually be working for the time we are over there, which visa is best for me? Can I work on any?
Posted by:
Nickyjo39

Postby Toonster » Thu 16 Jan 2014 07:21 GMT

Unfortunately, due to NZ's Immigration laws, answers to this would probably constitute "immigration advice", and can only be given by a trained advisor - I am not one of these.
Having said that, when we came over to NZ, I was on a skilled migrant visa, and my husband was able to come in on the same application (i.e. two applicants, one application) - because he was also a native English speaker with a degree, and in the right age bracket, he even boosted the points slightly.
The Immigration NZ website (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/) is down at the moment, but if you have a check on there, there should be information on coming in as a partner of a skilled migrant.
Good luck!
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals