It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 05:46 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals


Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.


Postby Amy2308 » Tue 13 May 2014 12:33 GMT

Hi All
Myself, my partner and my son are hoping to make the move to Auckland next year.
My son will be 5 my partner 26 and myself 28.
I am confused on what visa's are the best for us, NB my partner is not my son's bioloical father!
My partner is a plasterer and pretty sure he will ok going over on a working visa.

I am a PQ Management accountant but if i am correct i can not take my son over on a working visa?
I have attempted some research but find it all very confusing
Any help would be greatfully received

Thanks :)
Posted by:
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 13 May 2014 12:26 GMT
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby Toonster » Thu 15 May 2014 07:18 GMT

Hi Amy,

A quick check on the Immigration help section of the website, shows that your son should be ok on a student visa: ... /item/4651 ... /item/1133
However, I think that in order to get surety, contacting Immigration New Zealand is your best bet - they will be able to give you absolute confirmation.

Good luck with the application!
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed 23 Apr 2008 17:46 GMT
Location: Bristol -> Wellington

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals