It is currently Mon 19 Aug 2019 16:09 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Health & Medical

Laser for eyes?

Let's hope you'll feel better when you've looked in here!

Laser for eyes?

Postby cornerofsilence » Fri 12 Aug 2005 03:08 GMT

I would like to hear from anyone who has had laser eye surgery.

Did you think it worked?

Was it worth the money and pain?

Regards
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
cornerofsilence
Free member

Postby Graeme » Fri 12 Aug 2005 04:42 GMT

Susan, I know of several people who have had it done, none had much pain and all of them said they would do it again as te results were so good. There are several different types of laser surgery and if you are planning to have it done make sure you check out the references of the surgeon and clinic. The aftercare is important also, so make sure you have the necessary supports available to you. If it is to correct presbyopia (normal eye deterioration with age) then it's not as effective and may need to be repeated; if it's for long sightedness or short sightedness as a long standing condition then it seems to work better.
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby cornerofsilence » Fri 12 Aug 2005 05:13 GMT

Thank you for your input. I will bear this points in mind.

regards

Susan
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
cornerofsilence
Free member

Postby privatebox » Sun 13 Apr 2008 01:10 GMT

Unfortunately I cannot have it done, but i feel that it is a great thing to get done. Down here in wellington we have some of the best eye surgeons you will find. So have a go!
Posted by:
privatebox
Free member

Return to Health & Medical