It is currently Thu 20 Jun 2019 02:56 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Health & Medical

Medicals

Let's hope you'll feel better when you've looked in here!

Medicals

Postby Parkerchops » Mon 15 Aug 2011 12:02 GMT

Hey Everyone,

New to this and only just starting out on my Visa application.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you have to have a medical and an approx figure on how much it would cost?
Posted by:
Parkerchops

Postby Toonster » Wed 17 Aug 2011 09:15 GMT

Hiya!

Welcome to the rollercoaster :-) It's a bit of a stressful journey but well worth it!

Yes, you will need to have a medical as part of the visa process - once you have got your main visa application (not for the basic Expression of Interest part if you are going for the Residence Visa)

When I did it in mid 2009, it cost me somewhere between £250 and £300 for both me and my husband (I don't have the exact figures). You need both a medical assessment, including blood tests and a chest x-ray, and it needs to be from an approved doctor (there's a list on the immigration website - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branch/A ... octors.htm). Because it's a private appointment (even if the doctor belongs to an NHS practice), you don't need to go to your nearest one, so it is worth shopping around, as there can be a difference in price!
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Health & Medical