It is currently Mon 25 May 2020 22:06 GMT
Change font size

New Zealand - Other

South Island Climate

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not New Zealand-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

South Island Climate

Postby armchairdetectiv » Sat 5 Mar 2005 12:35 GMT

Hi everyone,
This is my first original post and I wanted to introduce myself.
I am another NZ wannabe migrant :D
My wife and I have just started on the road to moving to NZ we have a target date of 2006.
We have friends in Christchurch, so we know some things but not everything.
At the moment we fancy the South Island.
Having read on the forum that ChCh can be cold/wet/foggy etc I was wondering if there is an area in the north of the south island where the climate is sunnier or is it a case that the North Island is where we should be looking :?:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
armchairdetectiv
Free member

Postby Kay » Sat 5 Mar 2005 12:43 GMT

Hi ACD

Welcome to BE. We used to have a wonderful moderator on here, Maureen (aka Carrington), but she had so many other projects on the go she decided to give up the role.

Never mind, there are other Kiwis around and with any luck someone will come along and answer your questions.

Good luck with your move!

Kay 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby armchairdetectiv » Sat 5 Mar 2005 17:09 GMT

Thanks for the welcome Kay.
I look forward to corresponding with everyone.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
armchairdetectiv
Free member

Postby cpilling » Sun 6 Mar 2005 15:29 GMT

I don't live in NZ but have visited and loved it. A nice place in the South Island is Picton/Nelson at the very top of the island. It has a good climate and is very beautiful. However, I have read that it is quite an expensive place to live.
Posted by:
cpilling
Free member

Postby Kay » Sun 6 Mar 2005 19:07 GMT

Hi ACD and cpilling, great to have you around.

Good luck with your plans whatever they are. Meanwhile you are most welcome to come over to our other forum for a bit of Chiwagging, or whatever, and get to know the people on here. We're a friendly bunch.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Kay 8)
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby armchairdetectiv » Sun 6 Mar 2005 19:32 GMT

Which forum is that please kay :?:
Posted by:
armchairdetectiv
Free member

Postby Kay » Sun 6 Mar 2005 20:03 GMT

See the link near the top of the page which says :General Community Forum" and click through to it. Once there you should be able to find the Chinwags board quite easily. Chinwags is just for general chat and banter - no country specific stuff at all.

We're in the process of a big revamp of the site, including the fora, to make it easier for people to find their way around. Sorry, sometime things outgrow themselves. We try to keep up but it's not always possible. :D
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to New Zealand - Other