It is currently Mon 25 May 2020 22:01 GMT
Change font size

New Zealand - Other

Scenery in nz

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not New Zealand-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

Scenery in nz

Postby matth » Tue 24 May 2005 16:06 GMT

As someone who will emigrate to nz without having visited before, I wondered what the scenery is REALLY like in nz. Is it overrated or is it as good as some people make out? What do you think?
Posted by:
matth

Postby harlowfamily » Wed 25 May 2005 07:13 GMT

We came out to NZ without having visited and to be honest my initial impressions of Auckland were disappointing. However, since we have travelled around I have seen places that take my breath away. The further South you go, the more dramatic the landscapes but saying that, even in the North Island you are never far away from some really special scenery.
Alison
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
harlowfamily
Free member

Scenery

Postby ngaire » Thu 5 Jul 2007 03:50 GMT

It is breathtaking,when we first came we drove the roads and likened what we saw to home (dumfries and Galloway)we could have been driving in the Highlands but for the fact it was hot and not raining.Nothing on the roads so you can stop anywhere and take in beautiful views anywhere at all.South island is even more lovely and very different,you wont be disapointed,promise
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ngaire
Free member

The NZ scenery is for real!!

Postby lady_porsche » Sun 8 Jun 2008 09:19 GMT

matth,

Check out Google images or google earth!

It's beautiful! There are so many web-sites with images of NZ!

Enjoy!

:D
Posted by:
lady_porsche
Free member

Return to New Zealand - Other