It is currently Sat 25 May 2019 01:46 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Iceland – Quick Quiz
    For such a small nation, Iceland has a lot of superlatives. How much do you know about this intriguing country on the north-western edge of Europe?

New Zealand - Other

CRIME

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not New Zealand-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

CRIME

Postby alanbell9 » Sun 6 May 2007 13:44 GMT

Hi

I am hopeing to move to NZ next year with my wife & 2 youg children, however i have been speaking to a couple of Newzealanders who are currently working over here. they tell me that crime is getting really bad. please can anyone confirm. as yet i do not know where in Nz we will be liveing. Alan :?
Posted by:
alanbell9

crime

Postby lady_porsche » Sun 8 Jun 2008 09:12 GMT

Hi alenbell9,
No matter where you live in the world there will always be someone somewhere prepared to break the law... This forum does have another post regarding gangs on the North Isle which you might find helpful. I haven't lived in NZ yet but visited last year and never came across anything nasty, but NZ is not perfect or crime free. When something like a murder does happen, because it is relatively uncommon it does tend to make big news.
As with any relocation to a new town or country, you need to do a lot of research about the local area before renting or buying a home. Look up crime rates etc on the interenet when you do know the region you will be moving to.

Best of luck! :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lady_porsche
Free member

Return to New Zealand - Other