It is currently Tue 23 Apr 2019 10:02 GMT
Change font size

Sci Fi

Taken

By popular request - here's a place to discuss your favourite Sci Fi stuff. (Can anyone think of a better word than "stuff"?)

Taken

Postby Kay » Mon 27 Oct 2003 19:56 GMT

Anyone watching Taken? We first discovered it a few months ago in Thailand and now it's being shown here in India. We're up to episode 3, and so far so good. But there again, we thought Farscape got off to a good start and just crumbled.

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Re: Taken

Postby Not-Lorna » Wed 29 Oct 2003 17:49 GMT

Kay wrote:Anyone watching Taken? We first discovered it a few months ago in Thailand and now it's being shown here in India. We're up to episode 3, and so far so good. But there again, we thought Farscape got off to a good start and just crumbled.

Kay

You're being ignored again Kay!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Not-Lorna
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 29 Oct 2003 18:36 GMT

Oh well, thanks for the attention, Not-Lorna. :P But why not go and do something useful like moderating your board? :twisted:

Actually I really like when people ignore me, particularly the PM function - it generally runs at over 90% capacity, and I probably don't get half the stuff people send me anyway. :idea:

And for the really twisted among you, Squiffs, that's not an invitation. :roll:

Kay 8)
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby CustomStrat » Wed 29 Oct 2003 19:05 GMT

I would never ignore our Captain... :D I'd be drummed out of Starfleet and find myself scrubbing out plasma conduits on a cargo cruiser if I did... :wink:

I just haven't seen it... :(
I'm not afraid to die; I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 29 Oct 2003 19:19 GMT

Strat, go and scrub out some plasma conduits. :roll: :lol:

DO IT!

OK, I'll be Janeway as long as I can substitute her addiction to coffee for anything with alcohol in it. Coffee is nice but it makes me a bit twitchy.

What I really want to know is, who are you, Strat? Hmmm.

Too smart too be Kirk, maybe Ryker? Yessssss, (my preciousssss).

C'mon folks, help me out. Who does Strat most resemble in Star Trek?

Aha! Got it. I don't know who you are but I think you'd like to be Q!

Kay :twisted:

Make it so.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby CustomStrat » Wed 29 Oct 2003 19:34 GMT

Q? He's the pest of the galaxy... :roll:

Actually, I think I'm closer to Archer than Kirk. At least, I'd like to be, then I would be closer to T'Pol... :shock:
I'm not afraid to die; I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby Kay » Wed 29 Oct 2003 20:14 GMT

Who?

Strat, be aware that if you reply to this it'll be the 10,000th posting.

Make it a good one!!!

Go for it!

Captain Swimbo
(Hoping you've not sneakily posted in the meantime so this is the 10,000th :shock: )
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Not-Lorna » Wed 29 Oct 2003 20:31 GMT

Kay wrote:Coffee is nice but it makes me a bit twitchy.

Kay has obviously been on the coffee!! :twisted:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Not-Lorna
Free member

Postby CustomStrat » Wed 29 Oct 2003 20:54 GMT

Capt. Archer is the captain of the first Starship Enterprise (from the new series "Enterprise" which, as far as I'm concerned, is the best one since the original). Charming, bold, a born explorer. Archer is guided by a core of human decency and intuition, even when they contravene direct orders. He is independent, yet has a strong sense of duty. It's set a couple of hundred years before the days of Kirk so everything is still new and comparetively primitive (eg the transporter is seldom used for people). It's got a great cast of regulars (I'm particularly fond of the Denobulan, Dr. Phlox; Dr. Phlox is a congenial fellow who balances an oblique sense of humor and a happy disposition, along with a natural scientific curiosity that retains a sense of humanity.). Sub-Commander T'Pol is the Vulcan Science Officer and she makes 7 of 9 look like a beach bimbo.

The first season was good, the second season was great and the new season is outstanding. It just keeps getting better...
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby Kay » Thu 30 Oct 2003 08:36 GMT

Wow! It sounds great but I didn't even know it existed. I hope it comes to India soon. They were running Voyager every night but recently stopped - maybe they'll replace it with Enterprise. Hope so!!!!
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Rich » Thu 30 Oct 2003 09:23 GMT

OK, I'll be Janeway as long as I can substitute her addiction to coffee for anything with alcohol in it. Coffee is nice but it makes me a bit twitchy.

Why can't you do both and just go Irish?!
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby pmforster » Fri 31 Oct 2003 04:03 GMT

CustomStrat wrote:Capt. Archer is the captain of the first Starship Enterprise (from the new series "Enterprise" which, as far as I'm concerned, is the best one since the original).

Rats - something else we don't get in Fiji. The nearest thing we get to SF here is Smallville. Oh yes, we also had a series of The Invisible Man.

When you said, "Makes 7 of 9 look like a beach bimbo," is that good or bad?

Best wishes

Peter Forster
Posted by:
pmforster
Free member

Postby CustomStrat » Fri 31 Oct 2003 04:06 GMT

Good for her, bad for 7 of 9... :wink:
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Postby justajester » Sun 2 Nov 2003 13:45 GMT

Sorry for seeming to ignore you cap'n Janeway, but as i haven't seen the series, Taken, i couldn't respond. Can you give us a bit of background on it?
I had started to watch Explorer, but my work schedule got in the way, and now when i do get the chance to see it i have no idea what is going on...

7of 9...the actress that played her is now on some other show...playing a cop or lawyer or something like that...i've not seen the show, but the ads show her.
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby CustomStrat » Sun 2 Nov 2003 15:10 GMT

That's right, 7 of 9 (aka Jeri Ryan) is now a member of the cast of Boston Public, as a teacher in an inner city school (having given up a lucrative law practice to dedicate herself to the deprived teenagers of Boston). Trouble is that she's essentially the same character, only without the Borg implants... :roll:
Posted by:
CustomStrat
Supporter

Next

Return to Sci Fi