It is currently Wed 21 Aug 2019 07:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Sci Fi

Setting SETI's Sights II

By popular request - here's a place to discuss your favourite Sci Fi stuff. (Can anyone think of a better word than "stuff"?)

Setting SETI's Sights II

Postby JayneR » Thu 30 Jun 2005 23:08 GMT

http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti ... 50623.html

Check out the links on the right as you go down the page. Some amazing photos from space and Hubble.

See ya! :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Postby justajester » Thu 30 Jun 2005 23:12 GMT

It seems a lot of your interests are similar to mine...SETI, and all... :)
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby JayneR » Mon 4 Jul 2005 15:11 GMT

I'm not passionately interested but I'm a believer that we're most certainly not alone. I tend to take most UFO stories with a pinch of salt but think some are genuine. I also think that if the government take the trouble to disclaim a story then it's mostly likely true! What caught my eye on this sight were the amazing photos. Quite extraordinary some of them.

I love any kind of aerial photography and have been trying to download Google's new offering www.earth.google.com but haven't been having much luck. It only seems to be available for download at certain times and it's a matter of luck when you try. I think I've got all the necessary requirements except maybe not the 3D graphics card. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Postby Alan-LaCala » Tue 5 Jul 2005 08:34 GMT

download Google's new offering www.earth.google.com

Funnily enough I downloaded it yesterday, having beem given a link from another forum.

It's good, and for certain areas the detail is superb, but I cannot get it clear for all areas.

Alan
Posted by:
Alan-LaCala
Free member

Postby JayneR » Tue 5 Jul 2005 08:59 GMT

Yeah, me too. I finally managed yesterday to download it which took forever but I still can't get into it! The silly thing gave me earth google plus which costs 20$ and which I didn't ask for (I asked for the freebie version) so obviously it doesn't work cos I haven't paid my 20$! Dah! :roll:

So now I'll have to uninstall/deinstall it and try again. Grrr! I will not be beaten - I want to see all these amazing photos everyone keeps telling me about. There's no "green with envy" smiley but if there was one, it'd stick it here.

If at first you don't succeed, ...

Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Return to Sci Fi