It is currently Mon 21 Oct 2019 11:09 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

West Coast

Arizona - a few questions

This is the forum for all your West Coast quips and questions.

Did Dunc ever move to AZ?

Postby IS Tucson » Sun 17 Apr 2005 20:18 GMT

This thread has been a little slow - did Dunc make it to the desert?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
IS Tucson
Free member

Postby Savannah_Alan » Sun 17 Apr 2005 23:31 GMT

I've no idea. He's disappeared :?

Alan.
Don't forget, there's much going on at the main site: http://www.britishexpat.com
The Safe Scooter Riding blog. www.ScootSafely.com
Posted by:
Savannah_Alan
Supporter

Location: Dahlonega, Georgia, USA - Originally from Southend-On-Sea, Essex.

Postby IS Tucson » Mon 18 Apr 2005 00:48 GMT

It's a big and lonely place, the desert.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
IS Tucson
Free member

Postby Graeme » Mon 18 Apr 2005 14:04 GMT

It might be big, but wiht over 4 million living in the valley of the sun (Phoenix) I'd hardly call it lonely. I hope dunc made it, perhaps he's busy cruising I10 right now.

Hi IS Tucson; my niece lives in Tucson, her hubby's in IT and she's a teacher. I've been there a few times and love it. I really enjoyed "Old Tucson" and the Biosphere!
Take care.
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Better late than never

Postby dunc_b » Wed 29 Mar 2006 21:52 GMT

I DID MAKE IT - Thanks to thos ewho showed concern... Working for the Arizona Republic, Baby on the way, selliing my first and last American Car, recently moved to north Scottsdale!
Posted by:
dunc_b
Free member

Postby Graeme » Thu 30 Mar 2006 00:07 GMT

Good for you Dunc, glad to hear you mad eit okay. Has the heat been a bit much or are you getting used to it?
Cheers.
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby dunc_b » Thu 30 Mar 2006 16:05 GMT

The heat's been ok... It was nice to have a few months off when I first arrived waiting for papers to filter through... going hiking... exploring the city... organising (organizing) my portfolio etc

Only let down so far has been people, food and GM cars!

People - are very unreliable, lie, don't meet on time, if at all and there's zero sense of community - if you so much as talk to your neighbors they act like you're the weirdo!

Food - I guess I am in the Southwest , but it's burgers or mexican, mexican is nasty - unless wifie cooks it - it all tastes the same and I don' t find grated cheddar and guacomolie that exciting. cheese is pretty much added to anything else and the PRICE OF BREAD :shock: :shock: :shock: is unbelivable.

GM Cars - I could write you all a book on this - I've spent over $18,000 dollars on new parts for my Camaro since I bought it in January 05... It's been such a let down considering I'd wanted one since th eage of 16!!!

But anyway - life is goo d- I'm jumping throught ehsame hoops as everybody else - I find credit union sto be far more welcoming than BofA andthe house prices are creeping back down which if nice! I do like th etax system here - very simple!
Posted by:
dunc_b
Free member

Previous

Return to West Coast