It is currently Wed 23 Oct 2019 09:48 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

West Coast

Seattle?

This is the forum for all your West Coast quips and questions.

Seattle?

Postby rocketdave » Tue 30 May 2006 12:54 GMT

Afternoon all,

I'm glad to have found this website, as I am going to be relocating to Seattle, Washington for 11 months in January.

I'm generally interested in any recommendations for areas to live in the city, although I'd prefer to be Downtown. I've been scouring the various accomodation websites and it seems like $525 - $600 pcm gets you a decent studio/one bedroom place to live; just looking for any tips!

Also, as i'm intending on working part/full time, I was wondering whether anyone had any tips for good employers in the area? I'm not looking for office work, ideally working in a store of some kind or preferably behind a bar/in a restaurant.

I've been looking at various lists of "British" bars and restaurants in Seattle, but does anyone know of any establishments that are 100% british owned/run?

Any advice and assistance very welcome!

One final question; will the L1 visa be appropriate for an 11 month stay with intentions to work? From what I can see it's a "Yes", but would love to hear any anything contradictory. :)

Thanks,
Dave
Posted by:
rocketdave

Return to West Coast