It is currently Sun 29 Nov 2020 21:51 GMT
Change font size

Working in France

Teaching English in France

Here's where to talk about working in France. Builders, electricians, bar/restaurateurs, etc can ask here. NO ADVERTISING - jobs wanted and all employment-related adverts will be deleted. These belong in our classifieds section. This forum is for discussing work-related issues.

Teaching English in France

Postby mariah57 » Tue 14 Oct 2014 15:56 GMT

Can anyone please help me?. :brickwall:
I worked in Health and social care in the UK for over 30 years,as a home manager learning disabilities.Elderly. As a health care assistant in hospitals and as an assistant social worker. I have also trained and certificated staff (teaching) I live in a rural location and every time I ask my pole employment a question the answer is always I don't know!
As I have a problem finding any work. Except for replacement in an alzheimers unit which is few and far between I thought maybe to try and gain a TEFL certificate? I have no income at present but KNOW there is European funding as I have accesses this in the UK for my staff training.but nobody can give me any answers here and seem totally disinterested. There are a few colleges and agricultural universities around where I live. I am 57 so have a few years before I can claim my pension,also have not worked 700 hrs yet to claim chomage. Fingers crossed thank you. First timeposted.[/b]
Posted by:
mariah57

Postby Dave » Tue 14 Oct 2014 22:33 GMT

Hi, and welcome. :-)

I've shifted this from the "Choosing an area" board as it's about work rather than choosing where to live. Hopefully someone will be along with an answer to your question soon.

Best of luck!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Working in France