It is currently Fri 25 May 2018 03:05 GMT
Change font size

Picture House

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi. Just a war film?

Want to talk about the latest films you've seen or your favourite telly programmes of all time? Here's where to talk about anything related to the big or small screen.

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi. Just a war film?

Postby Dave » Sun 15 Apr 2018 08:30 GMT

Kay and I watched this last night, having bought and seen Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens a couple of weeks ago and then seen VIII on sale in Asda yesterday.

It wasn't bad, but I think we both found it a bit disappointing compared with TFA: a bit too much frenetic action and not enough plot development. Essentially it was a war film. I couldn't help comparing and contrasting it with The Empire Strikes Back, the middle film in the original trilogy, where there was plenty going on that didn't involve the Empire and the Rebel Alliance kicking seven kinds out of each other.

Maybe it'll grow on me on the second viewing, but I hope IX is better...
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi. Just a war film?

Postby Kay » Sun 15 Apr 2018 11:24 GMT

I agree. I found it rather dull but I'd give it a second chance. We bought and watched something recently - can't remember what it was now - and after the first viewing that one went straight to the charity shop.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Picture House