It is currently Mon 25 Jun 2018 04:06 GMT
Change font size

Picture House

Rome - great stuff!

Want to talk about the latest films you've seen or your favourite telly programmes of all time? Here's where to talk about anything related to the big or small screen.

Rome - great stuff!

Postby Kay » Sun 3 Aug 2014 08:28 GMT

Now we're back in the UK, I signed up for Amazon "Prime". It's GBP79 a year and, among other things, we get unlimited video streaming of films and TV programmes. They have a pretty good selection.

We discovered Rome, which is an HBO prog in association with the BBC. So far we've only watched the first episode, but it certainly got off to a good start.

Have you seen it yet? If not, keep your eyes peeled for this one!
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sun 3 Aug 2014 15:23 GMT

I have the boxed set of Rome and Rome II both excellent shows, I never could understand how all the Romans managed to speak such wonderful English, and such poor Latin :D
I liked it so much I've watched it thrice now.
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Sun 3 Aug 2014 17:15 GMT

Thanks. That's good to know! It's disappointing if something starts off great and then quickly fizzles out. We're off to watch episode 2 now. (Maybe even get a bag of chips from the local chippie. LOL.)

Rome has been likened to I, Claudius - not just because It's about the Roman Empire but because of the standard of the programmes.

We have the set of I, Claudius. It dates back to the 1970s and it's still every bit as good to watch now as it was then.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Picture House