It is currently Mon 30 Mar 2020 07:53 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Music

Kt Tunstall

A place to discuss music.

Kt Tunstall

Postby Dave » Fri 11 Nov 2005 14:30 GMT

One of the very few CDs we bought during our enforced six-month stay in the UK was Eye To The Telescope by KT Tunstall.

Before going to the UK in May we'd never heard of her. Then during the summer this song called "Suddenly I See" hit the radio. Kay and I both thought it was pretty catchy, but didn't think too much more about it to start with. Then one late night we saw a TV documentary about her and her work, which was all good stuff, so when in Tesco's on our last but one day in the UK I finally got round to buying the album (which won her a Mercury Award).

It was quite a struggle for her to make the breakthrough - all the established record companies told her she was too old to be promoted (she's 30, which is hardly ancient :roll:) She writes her own songs and plays guitar herself; she puts me in mind of Carole King. The album's well worth a listen if you have the chance.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Music