It is currently Fri 6 Dec 2019 15:17 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Music

What was No.1 on the day you were born?

A place to discuss music.

Postby annie » Mon 18 Aug 2003 03:14 GMT

Hrrmph ! Seems as though the American charts didn't exist when I was born so now I feel really, really, really, old !

In the U.K. it was " Cara Mia "
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
annie
Free member

Postby Kay » Mon 18 Aug 2003 03:30 GMT

Hi Annie

Welcome back! How's things?

Kay 8)
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby justajester » Mon 18 Aug 2003 13:25 GMT

Hi Annie, i checked out your site...nice. I lived in B.C. for almost 14 years before i moved back to the maritimes, and we had a chance to travel to Jasper a few times...too bad we didn't know about your place then. We had a motorhome so mostly went to camping spots. Hey, i noticed you don't have any B& B's here in N.S. listed in your links... :?
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby annie » Tue 19 Aug 2003 01:41 GMT

Hi Kay:

Yes - I know it's been a looooooooooooooong time since I last posted. However, there were times when I was one of those ' guests ' someone was talking about on another thread.

It's a long and harrowing story why I haven't been posting - the least of it was a bad case of shingles this past THREE MONTHS :shock:

I promise to post more often!

Justajester; which part of BC did you live in. My links are all from a Canadian Bed and Breakfast Hosts Forum I belong to. I don't think we have anyone from N.S. participating - I have one in Newfoundland though :wink:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
annie
Free member

Postby justajester » Tue 19 Aug 2003 12:15 GMT

Annie, we lived in the lower mainland area...Vancouver, Surrey, Aldergrove, Langley. I have a brother and son in Kelowna. I have a ex coworker who bought a place in Kelowna, which she and her husband planned to do up as a B& B...i wonder if she ever did.
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Kay » Tue 19 Aug 2003 14:02 GMT

Hi Annie

Sorry to hear that things haven't been going well for you. I'm sure everyone here will share my hope that things improve.

[For the others: a few of us - the Mikes, Tim, Alan, et al, will remember the original BE forum. It wasn't a good forum (no proper threads, pop-ups everywhere...) but at least we had great people, as we do here of course. Annie was one of our stalwarts back then, in between working in a Christmas shop all year round and travelling miles to hockey matches with her son.]

Anyway, it's good to have you back, Annie.

Kay
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Squiffy » Tue 19 Aug 2003 14:40 GMT

Hi Annie

Sorry to hear you have not been well, but welcome back!

I notice you ar einvolved in B & B things in BC etc, wondered if you knew my relatives from Brio Haus Bed and Breakfast, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Les and Diane Habkirk?

squiffy
Squiffy - Laugh for MS - : http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby annie » Tue 19 Aug 2003 15:18 GMT

Sorry - don't know anyone in Whistler, B.C. (I'm in Alberta - Jasper National Park).

I know a few B&B's in B.C. (just not Whistler ). Justajester - yes, I know Kewlowna fairly well - I know a couple of people who have B&B's in Penticton, Rock Creek and Greenwood which are all around 1 - 2 hours away from Kelowna.

I'm hoping to move to the Kelowna area in a couple of years - just have to wait until Daniel graduates - in two years.

Daniel dropped hockey last year :D which meant we didn't have to get up at 4:00a.m. to travel all across the Province for a game of hockey! Some of our friends came over from the U>K> last September and their boy enjoyed going to the climbing wall. Daniel went with him and found a new sport he loved! He's not going to play hockey this year either - he says he just wants to go to the climbing wall, swim and bike until the snow flys.
Posted by:
annie
Free member

Postby chabrenas » Tue 19 Aug 2003 19:50 GMT

Definitely don't envy you the shingles, Annie. Two people round here have had shingles in the last 12 months. And it took 6 months for the last vestiges to go away. Hope you're getting back to normal now.
Posted by:
chabrenas
Free member

Previous

Return to Music