It is currently Fri 23 Jun 2017 05:14 GMT
Change font size

Becoming an Expat

Abit of advice please

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Abit of advice please

Postby Geezer » Wed 11 Apr 2012 16:17 GMT

I cant find a forum to place this so I chose this , I hope I,m right
My question is , Does anyone know if it is possible to get your pension transferred to another country ( Sweden ) before you take retirement ?
Posted by:
Geezer

Postby gozomark » Thu 12 Apr 2012 17:14 GMT

Hi Geezer - do you mean from another EU country ? Do you mean a private or a public pension ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Fri 25 May 2012 09:13 GMT

I had no trouble getting my UK State Pension paid into my French bank. I could get my private pension paid in France, but for the moment it is convenient to run a UK sterling account.

More important, and possibly more complex, is making sure you get the tax position sorted out.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Re: Abit of advice please

Postby Sarabey » Mon 19 Dec 2016 12:50 GMT

As far as I know it should be possible. My friends could receive their pension from America when they were in Russia.
Posted by:
Sarabey

Return to Becoming an Expat