It is currently Tue 24 Oct 2017 11:33 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go back this weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go back an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 October.

Becoming an Expat

Abit of advice please

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Abit of advice please

Postby Geezer » Wed 11 Apr 2012 16:17 GMT

I cant find a forum to place this so I chose this , I hope I,m right
My question is , Does anyone know if it is possible to get your pension transferred to another country ( Sweden ) before you take retirement ?
Posted by:
Geezer

Postby gozomark » Thu 12 Apr 2012 17:14 GMT

Hi Geezer - do you mean from another EU country ? Do you mean a private or a public pension ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Fri 25 May 2012 09:13 GMT

I had no trouble getting my UK State Pension paid into my French bank. I could get my private pension paid in France, but for the moment it is convenient to run a UK sterling account.

More important, and possibly more complex, is making sure you get the tax position sorted out.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Re: Abit of advice please

Postby Sarabey » Mon 19 Dec 2016 12:50 GMT

As far as I know it should be possible. My friends could receive their pension from America when they were in Russia.
Posted by:
Sarabey

Return to Becoming an Expat