It is currently Wed 21 Aug 2019 17:44 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Becoming an Expat

Help!!! :)

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Help!!! :)

Postby Leigh87 » Fri 8 Feb 2008 12:29 GMT

Hi everybody :) this looks like a great place to vent my confusion about moving to Australia!

After years of coming and going from UK to Melbourne I have FINALLY decided to bite the bullet and move there. I am a perminant resident and am planning to start university next feb at the University of Melbourne.

My partner and I have been together for a year and a half and he is planning to come with me, however we are hoping to apply for a spouse visa ourselves as it is SO expensive going through an agent.

Any advice about starting university in melbourne or applying for a Spouse visa without an agent would be really gratefully accepted. I am dying to get out there and get a bit of sun and get back to my fave store ValleyGirl!

Thanks in advance everyone

Leigh
Posted by:
Leigh87

Return to Becoming an Expat