It is currently Wed 20 Nov 2019 08:42 GMT
Change font size

Becoming an Expat

The inkman cometh

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

The inkman cometh

Postby inkslinks » Sat 22 Mar 2008 12:25 GMT

Hi everyone,

After a lot of discussions with my family etc, we have decided to move to Benalmadina, lock stock etc. I have a business in the UK that will be coming with us, so will be looking for a 3 bed appt, and a shop front location.
For the last 10 years myself and my family have been visiting Benalmadina at least 2 or 3 times a year and now have a number of friends there, so we are not jumping in completely at the deep end.....about half way from the shallows to the deep maybe!!!

I have a basic grasp of the spanish language, but am about to start a crash course in the UK, as I know I will need it for my business of recycling and selling ink cartridges..(cheapest in the world by the way)

We hope to get everything sold here, and be settled in Benalmadina before the end of 2008, which will be our house, half share of another house, and my business, at which time we can seriously look for property etc.

Most of the people I know in Benalmadina, seem to rent instead of buy, so after some enquieries, and possible feedback from you guys, I will probably take this route to start with.

It would be great if any of you expates in the Benalmadina area read this and give me some pointers..ie the required legalities, and tips to stay out of trouble etc.

Thanks in advance

Bill
Posted by:
inkslinks

Postby Dave » Sat 22 Mar 2008 12:30 GMT

Hi, and welcome.

You'd be better off trying the Spain forum - as it says in the board description, this board's intended for topics generally applicable to becoming an expat, rather than country-specific ones.

Good luck :wink:
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Becoming an Expat