It is currently Tue 16 Jul 2019 14:58 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Becoming an Expat

Experience of dealing with a UK property

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Experience of dealing with a UK property

Postby Rocke » Tue 5 Aug 2008 12:28 GMT

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum.

My family and I have decided to emigrate. We are currently researching the country where we wish to live.

At the same time we want to learn how people have dealt with selling their UK property before they emigrated in a buyers market. What challenges did they face and what were their solutions. Where did they go to look for the solution and how did they implement it.

If any expat decided to keep their UK property, what challenges did they have from being a UK property owner from abroad. What were the solutions and how were they implemented.

Your personal experiences and any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Posted by:
Rocke

Postby Kay » Tue 5 Aug 2008 13:23 GMT

Hi Rocke

Welcome to BE.

If any expat decided to keep their UK property, what challenges did they have from being a UK property owner from abroad. What were the solutions and how were they implemented.

We kept our London property for a few years while we lived abroad. It was a nightmare, but there again it was our home and we're not professional landlords. Perhaps you are since you have more than one property.

We built a website to tell the whole sorry story:
http://www.trashedhouse.com
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Becoming an Expat