It is currently Wed 24 Jul 2019 04:12 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Becoming an Expat

HELP! 29 single exec female cannot decide where to live!

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

HELP! 29 single exec female cannot decide where to live!

Postby layls29 » Sat 22 Nov 2008 11:28 GMT

Hello All,

Decisions, decisions! I'm guessing you've all been there!! Despite the vastness and diversity of Oz I just can't seem to distinguish enough between the states and am hoping with your first hand knowledge and experience you might be able to help...

I'm a senior banking exec which usually places me in head offices and therefore usually in a concrete city full of mile high buildings. However!! Whilst my career remains a focal point I really want to start paying more attention to lifestyle and this for me means a whole other world!

Being a total hippy at heart, I love the outdoors, adventures and live (acoustic) music. I'm into all sorts of outdoor activities and especially love mountains, forests and water. I really have a passion for nature. On the other side of the coin, I love going out and letting my hair down with other likeminded fun loving unpretentious mates.

So!! I guess I have to be realistic not to sacrifice on my career too much but would really love to be away from the smoke as much as possible and be within easy reach of work.

I guess I could be asking for the impossible here!! but if anyone has an opinion I would be intrigued to hear!

Many thanks and enjoy!!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
layls29
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sat 22 Nov 2008 12:42 GMT

Hi, and welcome to the forum :D

you should post this in the Australia forum, not the general one
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby layls29 » Sat 22 Nov 2008 14:10 GMT

Thank you! I'm not sure how that happened as I had been on the Australia Forum! Sorry, first time on the site; will get used to it! Thanks again
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
layls29
Free member

Return to Becoming an Expat