It is currently Tue 19 Nov 2019 22:48 GMT
Change font size

Becoming an Expat

Introducing yours truly.

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Introducing yours truly.

Postby thethruxtonkid » Fri 10 Jul 2009 15:50 GMT

Hi, my name is Toby and i think England sucks, I enjoyed reading the posts and the accompanying descriptions which all seem pretty accurate!

Anyway I had to leave my job as a taxi driver because i kept getting sneezed on and spent more time ill than not, besides it didn't look like i was going to make enough money to pay off the car i brought so i moved back with my parents and jacked it in.
N.b. Im thirty one and left home at 18 so the adjustment is difficult to say the least...

At the moment I am looking for a temporary arrangement, basically i will be setting off on my bike in the next couple of weeks 'touring' southern/eastern/central europe, but with a keen eye on getting some work. I hope this is still making sense...

Skills- wise i worked in IT before working the taxis, niether of which i think will be much help but hopefully what i lack on that front i make up for on the 'friendly, chatty, pick things up pretty quickly front', im guessing something in the tourist industry is probably going to be my best hope.

So, I hope some of you are still with me, and now you understand my position, basically anywhere i feel i can settle and enjoy a more relaxing lifestyle will probably win me over.

I hope to here from some of you soon!

Regards thethruxtonkid.

I will probably put this in the 'looking for work section just to get a bit more exposure but really any comments info will be appreciated...
Posted by:
thethruxtonkid

Return to Becoming an Expat