It is currently Sat 20 Jul 2019 22:31 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Becoming an Expat

Best location to move to

Here's a forum to talk about all the ins and outs of leaving the UK and launching yourself into the wide blue yonder - selling up, saying goodbyes, all that sort of thing. NB - this is NOT for country-specific issues; please post those on the appropriate country forum.

Best location to move to

Postby Claire124 » Mon 11 Jan 2010 23:28 GMT

Hi there, I am currently going through the application stages of our move to australia, but we are having real trouble deciding which state/area to move to. I am a hairdresser which is what is getting us into Australia, and my husband is a prison officer. We would like to move somewhere which would have good schools, good price homes and a lovely family atmosphere to bring up our 5 yr old daughter. However we need to be within a good distance of prison/s for my husband to potentially work but also near to good hairdressing work for me. Can anyone offer any advice to help us decide. Thankyou claire
Posted by:
Claire124

Postby Dave » Tue 12 Jan 2010 04:51 GMT

Hi, Claire, and welcome to the British Expat Forum. :)

We have a forum specifically for Australia. Since it's Australia you're interested in moving to, I'd suggest you try posting on the "Where to live in Oz?" board there.

This board isn't intended for discussion of country-specific questions - it's for talking about the process of becoming an expat in general - so I'm locking this topic.

Good luck with your plans!
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Becoming an Expat