It is currently Sat 23 Feb 2019 06:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Laos – Quick Quiz
    Historic "Land of a Million Elephants" and target of more tons of bomb per head than any other country ever, Laos has seen a lot in its time. What do you know about it?

The Knight & Rabbit

Azure Window collapse

This is your virtual pub, kiosk or cafe! So whether you prefer beer & pizza, Kinnie & pastizzi or coffee & cake, grab what you want and come on in to say hello! This is the place for social chit-chat and keeping in touch.

Azure Window collapse

Postby Kay » Sat 11 Mar 2017 08:23 GMT

I was rather shocked to see on today's news that the Azure Window has collapsed. What a pity, as it was such a beautiful tourist attraction.

Edit: Oops, I forgot to post the link I'd meant to.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39207196
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Re: Azure Window collapse

Postby gozomark » Sat 11 Mar 2017 09:45 GMT

yes, it was there, one wave later it was gone !
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby DavidH » Sun 12 Mar 2017 07:49 GMT

Gone but not forgotten.

It was a very rough night, not a lot of sleep in our house. The ferries were stopped from 8pm til 7am that morning.

They had only just finished re-surfacing the main road to San Lawrenz but it is still a beautiful area at Dwejra so I hope visitors will still go down there to enjoy it. Lots of traffic in that direction in the past week, both locals and visitors. I feel sorry for the businesses there who largely rely on the tourist season.

One visitor was heard to say at the ferry terminal 'It was the only reason I came over to Gozo'. Well, Gozo has a lot more to offer.
'Don't cry because it came to an end, smile because it happened.' - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Thank you for our lifetime together.....In loving memory of Chris Green
Posted by:
DavidH
Supporter

Postby FOXGLOVE » Sat 18 Mar 2017 13:58 GMT

Many of the 'businesses' are there illegally anyway so I have no sympathy for them.
If the window had gone a couple of weeks earlier they would probably have not bothered finishing the road which has been ongoing since I arrived in Gharb over 4 years ago!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
FOXGLOVE
Free member

Return to The Knight & Rabbit