It is currently Sat 14 Dec 2019 09:46 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Where to live in Malta or Gozo?

Schools & location in Malta

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Schools & location in Malta

Postby Georgie13 » Sun 21 Apr 2013 07:35 GMT

Hi everyone!! I have just joined the forum in need for some advice!

My husband has just arrived in Sliema to start his summer season work and secured this before leaving the UK. I am currently still in UK with our son who is 9. I alone will be visiting husband in a few weeks to get to grips with the island and to look for a long term let for the rest of this season. Can anyone advise me on the best surrounding cheapest area to let? I believe St. Paul's bay is more affordable than St. Julian's. As a family we intend on moving there next year February 2014. Once our son has finished school this year we will all be spending the summer there whilst husband continues work. Any advice on local schools in this area too? Is there any sort of summer schools for internationals? Because the sooner we get our son integrating with local children the better!!
Many thanks look forward to hearing your advice :P
Posted by:
Georgie13

Postby gozomark » Sun 21 Apr 2013 10:54 GMT

Hi Georgie, and welcome to the forum :-)

Best areas near by ? Yes, SPB is a cheaper, but not that close in rush hour. Maybe look at Naxxar, Mosta, Lija, Attard, Ilkin, Swieqi

As for schools, can you repost that question in the education sub-forum :-)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Georgie13 » Mon 22 Apr 2013 08:19 GMT

Hi Gozomark
Thanks for reply!

Georgie
Posted by:
Georgie13

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?