It is currently Sun 18 Aug 2019 23:49 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Where to live in Malta or Gozo?

Gozo

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Gozo

Postby euphony » Mon 29 Jul 2013 07:19 GMT

Hi guys,

Having looked round Malta and Gozo, we have decided Gozo is definitely the place for us, and we thought we had decided on Xhagra as it was quieter, and within a 20 minute walk to the coast.
I then started to look at gyms, as that's something I will be wanting to go to regularly but can't seem to find exactly where they are.
Which is the closest one to Xhagra? Would one be within walking distance or would I have to jump in a taxi or hop on a bus? (comfortable walking distance to me is around 15 to 20 minutes)
I've been going round in circles searching google for the answer! :lol:
Many thanks

Chris

p.s. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, so if it isn't then please accept my apologies :)
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Mon 29 Jul 2013 08:00 GMT

Hi Chris - there are several gyms around Gozo - some attached to hotels, some stand alone gyms. There are several in Victoria, so a bus ride from Xaghra. Not sure if any in Xaghra, but be surprised if there aren't.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby euphony » Mon 29 Jul 2013 08:18 GMT

Hi Mark,
Thanks ..I'll have a wander around every street next time we're over there to see if I can find one!
if a gym is attached to a hotel, are you able to use them? I'd have thought it was just for guests staying there?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Mon 29 Jul 2013 08:31 GMT

some, if not all the hotels allow you to join on a 1 day, week, month, quarter or annual basis, and much cheaper than the UK - even at the top end, a five star hotel gym, pool, sauna, tennis etc is about € 600 for a year - a gym might be € 100-200 a year
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby euphony » Mon 29 Jul 2013 08:45 GMT

That's food for thought...I'll make it my mission when there next to track these all down!
Many thanks Mark :)
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Postby dp600 » Tue 30 Jul 2013 05:46 GMT

Not seen any in my wanderings around Xaghra,but i will keep a look out.
Posted by:
dp600
Premium Member

Postby euphony » Wed 31 Jul 2013 06:22 GMT

Thank you :)
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?