It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 15:55 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Where to live in Malta or Gozo?

Whats St.Pauls Bay Like

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Whats St.Pauls Bay Like

Postby sunnyside » Tue 8 Oct 2013 19:30 GMT

Hi, i got offered a good deal on an apartment on St.Pauls Bay, it would normally be out of my budget but since im renting from Oct-May so im sure at the cut price both are benefiting.

I havent been to Malta before, from reading other posts Sliema was my favourite on paper but my plan is to visit a few places and see. I'm afraid once i see this place ill fall in love with it and not even bother visiting other places.

I will be working online so i can work from anywhere with decent internet. Im with my girlfriend and were in our late 20's/early 30's so i don't want somewhere too quiet but also not mad into clubbing would be more into a few drinks down the local, live bands and shows and that kind of thing mostly on weekends as i work during the week.

Since im arriving in Oct i am not sure what to expect, will a lot of the places close down in some areas? I ideally want somewhere that has shops, bars etc within walking distance or at least close access to bus route i can get to them. I may rent a car/moped but sounds like the bus route is pretty good and if there are nearby stores for shopping i probably wont need them that often.

Other than been in a central area thats not too quiet, having good internet and plenty of stores nearby im easy enough. Is St.Pauls bay the type of place that becomes a ghost town in winter or is there enough expats living there to keep things rolling over, is there any alternatives to St.Pauls that fits my criteria above?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
sunnyside
Free member

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?