It is currently Sun 18 Aug 2019 23:30 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Where to live in Malta or Gozo?

Moving to Malta/Gozo but where?

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Moving to Malta/Gozo but where?

Postby Onwa » Thu 21 Nov 2013 09:18 GMT

I a single European mother with a son of African origin who is 10 years old currently living in a 15 million people city and considering relocation in Malta/Gozo. Our preference is proximity to the sea, green, peace and comfi home with pool from where i can write. House/apt should be in proximity of primary and secondary school. I need advise on best location(s) to consider searching accommodation (rent or purchase). I looked at Gozo (Qala, St Lucija, Kercem, Xaghra, Marsalforn, Ghajnsielem)...where is best with a school-age child? I am a little concerned about mobility to/from airport as i would need to travel from time to time; how's the logistics of transfer and does it change seasonally? Otherwise which other areas of Malta would you advise and why? Thank you in advance
Posted by:
Onwa

Postby gozomark » Thu 21 Nov 2013 10:15 GMT

Hi Onwa, and welcome to the forum :-)

Gozo - I wouldn't choose Marsalforn or Xlendi (too touristy, and very few places with pools) , but just about any other town in Gozo could well suit. As for to/from airport - the ferry operates throughout the night all year, worst case is every 2 1/2 hours.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?