It is currently Wed 11 Dec 2019 17:20 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Where to live in Malta or Gozo?

Early stages; where to explore?

Can't decide where on the islands to live? Find out more about the best and worst places here!

Early stages; where to explore?

Postby justinp » Mon 12 Jan 2015 21:39 GMT

Hi
My wife and I are considering moving to Malta/Gozo with our school age daughter in the next few years. We need to know where is the best place in your opinion to start exploring for work and schooling. We will be visiting again this year. We gather our best option without speaking the language is to set up a business for income. Any advice from anyone who has done this, would be welcome.
Many thanks
Posted by:
justinp

Re: Early stages; where to explore?

Postby gozomark » Wed 14 Jan 2015 10:15 GMT

Hi, and welcome to the forum :-)

will your daughter be going to state or private school ?
what sort of work are you interested in ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby justinp » Mon 19 Jan 2015 20:17 GMT

Hi,
Unsure about the schooling. Probably private as none of us speak Maltese as yet.
As for work, I am a time served joiner currently working as a postman and a retained firefighter. My wife is a journalist to trade.

We are very open minded about jobs to do and are also thinking about taking on a business as we feel it might be best for family time together
Posted by:
justinp

Postby gozomark » Sat 24 Jan 2015 07:28 GMT

if private schooling, none are in Gozo, so probably Gozo would be off your list.However, state schools teach in English where required
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Where to live in Malta or Gozo?