It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 02:34 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in Malta

Running my online business from Malta - tax matter

What are the rules post-EU accession? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Running my online business from Malta - tax matter

Postby Rico29 » Fri 1 Nov 2013 19:47 GMT

Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to read my post.

I am currently living and working in the Republic of Ireland - sorry for posting in the British expats forum but there are lot of people in these Expats pages - and I run an online business from here.

I am planning to relocate to Malta soon but I would like to keep my business here in Ireland - as I said it is 80% online so I can be everywhere.

What is the tax story there if I keep the company here? Will I pay the tax only in Malta? Should I pay also the social contribution tax?

Thank you for helping me out, all the best

Riccardo
Posted by:
Rico29

Postby gozomark » Fri 1 Nov 2013 20:46 GMT

Welcome to the forum :-) the simple answer is it depends on many factors, and its worth checking with an accountant to make sure you setup in the best way.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Rico29 » Fri 1 Nov 2013 20:54 GMT

Thanks a mill Mark, good advise indeed as I am trying to find an answer but the topic seems a big grey area!!!

Do you know or heard of any good accountant & reasonable priced?

Thanks again - hope to hear from you
Posted by:
Rico29

Postby gozomark » Fri 1 Nov 2013 20:58 GMT

There are loads of accountants in Malta, most of which should understand the issues you have, as they are fairly simple. However get it wrong, and it could be very costly, so worth getting good advice at the outset
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby ExpatBarrister » Fri 8 Nov 2013 14:19 GMT

Why would you wish to retain an Irish company, when Malta's effective tax rate is 5%?
Just re-domicile the Irish company to Malta - it remains the same company (same assets and liabilities etc), but becomes a Maltese company.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
ExpatBarrister
Free member

Return to Working in Malta