It is currently Tue 20 Aug 2019 21:49 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Working in Malta

Construction Work?

What are the rules post-EU accession? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Construction Work?

Postby kaltik » Wed 20 Nov 2013 03:50 GMT

I am a construction manager but also a time served joiner from the UK, Scotland. Currently in China working....it's a long story but will be returning back to Europe in March with my partner.

Is there a market for a construction manager or trade work in joinery or plastering etc or is this only Maltese locals that do this work as I cant speak Maltese. Also my wife is Chinese, are there Chinese restaurants she could work in? She also speaks English very well. Thanks in advance people.
Posted by:
kaltik

Postby maxine » Wed 20 Nov 2013 09:08 GMT

I guess that your best option would be to become self-employed and then tout your services around. When people get to know you and if you are reliable and turn up for work then I don't think you will have too much of a problem. There are a few Chinese restaurants around - take a look in the Mellieha area - we also have a Scottish contingent here too :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Postby gozomark » Wed 20 Nov 2013 09:56 GMT

I'd guess there are 50 plus Chinese restaurants in Malta (partly a legacy of Mintoff's close links with China in the 70s) - Chinese make up one of the biggest expat communities in Malta.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby kaltik » Wed 20 Nov 2013 14:41 GMT

Thats good to hear for her, and me as I can speak Chinese :)
Posted by:
kaltik

Return to Working in Malta