It is currently Wed 11 Dec 2019 17:35 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in Malta

Minimum Wage

What are the rules post-EU accession? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Minimum Wage

Postby leigho » Tue 10 Dec 2013 10:04 GMT

I have been offered a temp job over Christmas and they are offering 3 euros per hour? Is this allowed I thought the minimum wage was 4.40.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
leigho
Free member

Postby gozomark » Tue 10 Dec 2013 13:29 GMT

unless they are factoring in tips, then that is illegal AFAIK
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby maxine » Tue 10 Dec 2013 18:14 GMT

I have realised that if you want to get a decent job in Malta you have to start your own business!

I read a job ad in the ToM for a Marketing Manager - one of my previous jobs. 50 hours a week, 5 1/2 days with a Business Degree. Skills in graphic arts, marketing, online social media etc etc. With overtime and the company bonus you could expect to earn 24k Euro!!

Needless to say, I didn't apply lol

That was a $80,000 a year plus perks in the US and it would be a 35 hour week. :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Return to Working in Malta