It is currently Mon 19 Aug 2019 00:07 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Working in Malta

working in pest control

What are the rules post-EU accession? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

working in pest control

Postby wsmpc » Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:03 GMT

Hi everybody, firstly i must say what a great informative site.
I currently work in pest control in the UK self employed, and yes i am yet another looking to move to Malta.
I'm about to send my cv to pest control companies in Malta - good idea?
I'm qualified, and hold certificates in pest control, having worked in all situations.
I have my own equipment.
is it best to be employed or self employed in Malta, is there enough ex pat networking to start a business?
Any ideas?
phil
Posted by:
wsmpc

Postby maxine » Sat 11 Jan 2014 21:22 GMT

If you want to make a decent living then the only way is to work for yourself. With the low minimum wage, unless you have very specific qualifications that are in high demand then you will find it hard to get a good wage and the hours are going to much longer. 50 hours a week seems to be the norm.

Of course if you want to become self employed you will need to have sufficient savings to show that you are self sufficient financially.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maxine
Free member

Return to Working in Malta