It is currently Fri 6 Dec 2019 22:29 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Working in Malta

What is the job situation like - realistically? Thanks

What are the rules post-EU accession? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

What is the job situation like - realistically? Thanks

Postby Apollo » Thu 3 Apr 2014 10:36 GMT

Hi again. I'm sorry for all the questions. I know what it can be like to have some complete wally asking everything you have answered a hundred times.

As mentioned my husband is a carpenter/fitter/boat builder. We have looked into going self employed but after his experience in Tenerife he is wary. Work was VERY hit or miss and you could go for weeks with nothing....
So, I know the wages are low, but what is the situation regarding employment? Are there many jobs about? We had a look on a job site but all the jobs advertised had all gone leaving us none the wiser so we were back to square one.

Any help would be appreciated. This move is something I/we desperately want to make. Been back in the UK for a year and would happily SWIM the channel to get away. Thanks so much
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Apollo
Free member

Return to Working in Malta