It is currently Sat 24 Aug 2019 13:29 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Working in Malta

Leasing a bar in Malta

What are the rules post-EU accession? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Leasing a bar in Malta

Postby Mgs1982uk » Thu 21 Aug 2014 10:38 GMT

Hi all,

I run a successful pub restaurant in the uk for one of the big companies and I have been giving some serious thought to relocating to Malta in the next 2 years.

As I am not lucky enough to retire yet (only 32) I would like to lease a bar and work for myself. I have a good understanding of the business and process in the uk but Malta seems very different. I can't really find much info out on google an
Does anyone know any good online resources on this topic as a starting point? I would also like to get together with other people from the uk who are currently running bars or restaurants in Malta to chat about their own personal experience.

I will be visiting Malta again in November on a research visit but if anyone can point me in th the right direction online before I visit that would be great. I have a young family so getting it right is a must.
Thanks in advance.
Posted by:
Mgs1982uk

Return to Working in Malta