It is currently Fri 13 Dec 2019 21:24 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Money matters

banks in Malta OK ?

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

banks in Malta OK ?

Postby Lee26 » Mon 6 Oct 2008 20:07 GMT

Hi All
Seems it's all gone pair shaped over here today (UK), stock market ,banks etc.
What's the score over in Malta ? any bank problems ? I know you only have the 2 but is the bank of Malta being affected ? H.S.B.C. seems ok. Anyone know ?
Regards
Lee
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Lee26
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Mon 6 Oct 2008 20:17 GMT

Lee - I've changed the title of your posting - please put a meaningful title, not just the name of the board you are posting on ie not "money matters"

there are actually more than two banks in Malta, but there is no bank of Malta. I would discourage idle speculation about one bank or another - it won't be based on fact but pure guesswork.

HSBC Malta is a subsidiary of HSBC Group
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby gozomark » Mon 6 Oct 2008 20:30 GMT

there are 4 banks listed on the local stock exchange, plus atleast one local bank that isn't listed. In addition, there are many foreign banks in Malta through 100% owned subsidiaries
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Lee26 » Mon 6 Oct 2008 21:24 GMT

Thanks for that Mark
Sorry for being a pain (will get my head round how your site works...honest :) ) Is it the bank of Valletta ? and HSBC that are the main 2 ?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Lee26
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Mon 6 Oct 2008 21:29 GMT

not sure who has the most branches, but probably is those 2
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Money matters