It is currently Sat 24 Aug 2019 16:56 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Money matters

remmitting to malta ?

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

remmitting to malta ?

Postby walkerman » Mon 13 Oct 2008 19:47 GMT

:?:
hi, all of you , just a bit of background before i ask some questions,
me and my family, thats me - steve, my wife pat and my son martin,
are looking to sell our house in england, come over to malta as a temporary/ordinary resident and to start with we would be renting a property, and i am confused with all this about remmitting a certain amount of money to malta, can someone explain this to me with a few examples maybe ??.
also if we come over with a sum of money from the sale of our house to put into a bank account so we can pay our property rental / household bills, living costs ect until we get up and running, do we have to pay any taxes ect out of this lump sum.
What is an 'average' yearly wage for an employed person ,non proffessional ?.
thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
walkerman
Free member

Postby gozomark » Mon 13 Oct 2008 20:11 GMT

typical yearly wage is € 10,000-15,000

as for your other questions, to be honest your questions are so general that they are difficult to answer without alot more information. Can you please be more specific with your questions.

i am confused with all this about remmitting a certain amount of money to malta, can someone explain this to me with a few examples maybe ??. I don't understand

if we come over with a sum of money from the sale of our house to put into a bank account so we can pay our property rental / household bills, living costs ect until we get up and running, do we have to pay any taxes ect out of this lump sum - if its only capital no
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Mr Kriss » Tue 14 Oct 2008 10:23 GMT

Steve,

when you ask about the question of remitting money to Malta, are you thinking about the requirements for Permanent Residence versus Ordinary Residence? Can you quote the text (or web url) that you are unsure about ?
Chris :compucoffee:
Join the British Expat lending team at Kiva: http://www.kiva.org/team/britishexpatcom
Posted by:
Mr Kriss
Supporter

Return to Money matters