It is currently Wed 26 Jun 2019 14:21 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Money matters

Dying in Malta

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Postby chris green » Sat 9 Oct 2010 12:18 GMT

Wendy, please keep us informed on this one. I just got 'blanked' when I enquired a few years back. c.
THE FACTS LAB BOOK of INSECTS by the team McMahon. Available from Amazon.

Soon to be a major HOLLYWOOD movie !!!
Posted by:
chris green
Supporter

Postby wendy.bruce2 » Sat 9 Oct 2010 12:45 GMT

Chris, by whom were you "blanked"?? WB
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
wendy.bruce2
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Sat 9 Oct 2010 13:20 GMT

Thanks Wendy - when you get the quote, could you post it (plus the name of the undertaker) on the recommended suppliers forum please
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby chris green » Sat 9 Oct 2010 14:38 GMT

wendy.bruce2 wrote:Chris, by whom were you "blanked"?? WB

A couple of the Undertakers firms in Malta. Perhaps I looked too healthy and they thought I was time-wasting! :mrgreen:

Don't fancy being buried at sea, especially in the GozoChanel.
Might come up smelling of roses! :vomit:
THE FACTS LAB BOOK of INSECTS by the team McMahon. Available from Amazon.

Soon to be a major HOLLYWOOD movie !!!
Posted by:
chris green
Supporter

Postby wendy.bruce2 » Sat 9 Oct 2010 16:13 GMT

Goodness I am surprised. To be honest I think I only found this guy in the Yellow Pages!! Anyway, I must find the letter he sent and contact him. I will let you know how things proceed!! I did want to be buried at sea, but given your comment above, I am having second thoughts!! :lol: :lol:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
wendy.bruce2
Supporter

Postby pumabob » Sat 9 Oct 2010 19:54 GMT

I did want to be buried at sea, but given your comment above, I am having second thoughts!

What's wrong...can't you swim ? :crackup: :crackup:

Thought I read somewhere that you can be cremated in Sicily, surely that's cheaper than a flight to the UK.
Posted by:
pumabob
Supporter

Postby stuartd1 » Sun 10 Oct 2010 06:46 GMT

What we need here is an open minded person with a very large barbecue and a boat!
Regards,Stuartd1
Posted by:
stuartd1
Supporter

Postby wendy.bruce2 » Sun 10 Oct 2010 07:11 GMT

Ahhh Bob, you've clearly got too much time on your hands!! You are right about Scicily though, because I am sure my "man" did mention being transported to Italy, but then I thought, well they're a Catholic country as well, so perhaps I got it wrong, which is why I didn't mention it in my post!! It would seem that Malta is one of the few Catholic countries that doesn't allow cremation. Historically it was not allowed but in 1965 the rules were changed and now all Catholics are free to be cremated if they so wish, so it would seem to be a Maltese thing (as usual!!). I think my "man's" point was that most Brits want their earthly remains returned to the UK. However, if it's what you wish, I am sure (as Stuart suggests) we could find a boat and then all the BE Malta Forum members can accompany you to Sicily!! Would you like a jazz band perchance, or perhaps a Reggae band? We will give you a jolly good send off anyway!! :drink: :crackup:
Posted by:
wendy.bruce2
Supporter

Postby pumabob » Sun 10 Oct 2010 08:51 GMT

To be honest I'm in no great rush :mrgreen:

I suppose if you really want buried at sea, we could use my boat for a small donation to charity, but you have to provide your own canvas and chains :wink:

The Sicillian connection was more to be cremated there, then the ashes flown to UK, which should be cheaper and easier to arrange.
Posted by:
pumabob
Supporter

Postby wendy.bruce2 » Sun 10 Oct 2010 09:14 GMT

Hi Bob, yes can't say I blame you - me too!! Mind you if you have your own boat, then that might be another option - not sure about the canvas and chains however!! I wonder if I can slip this in without Kay seeing it? What does Mr Green mean, what does Razz mean and what does LOL mean?!

You must be off to the beach any minute. Do say hi to Boogiewoogie from me! Have a good time, the weather seems to be cheering up! :drink: :D
Posted by:
wendy.bruce2
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Sun 10 Oct 2010 09:19 GMT

wendy.bruce2 wrote:Mind you if you have your own boat, then that might be another option

you mean the Capt'n Bob option ?
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby wendy.bruce2 » Sun 10 Oct 2010 09:27 GMT

Oh dear, I hadn't thought of that - perhaps not what I had in mind!! I want a proper send off!! :lol:
Posted by:
wendy.bruce2
Supporter

Postby Rachy » Sun 6 Mar 2011 09:27 GMT

Just found this post. Can't believe that the most high profile company offering boat trips around the islands has not thought about this 'niche' in the market for buriels at sea. They could add this into one of their packages! :wink:
Posted by:
Rachy
Premium Member

Postby Francis Barnet » Sun 6 Mar 2011 22:10 GMT

My friend and his wife lived at Xemxija, He is Maltese, his Mrs was English

She got him to promise not to have her buried

After her death he transported the body to Sicily where she was duly cremated

My chum is married to an Ozzy lady now
They moved to Melbourne
Posted by:
Francis Barnet
Supporter

Postby stuartd1 » Mon 7 Mar 2011 05:41 GMT

Francis, any idea what they did with the ashes?
Regards,Stuartd1
Posted by:
stuartd1
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Money matters