It is currently Mon 19 Aug 2019 04:27 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Money matters

what is tax in Malta, and is it considered a tax haven ?

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Postby gozomark » Thu 23 Apr 2009 09:41 GMT

Thank Londonphoto

details about the recommended suppliers forum, including how to pay, are on the following link

http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ ... =suppliers

edit: if you want to know more about Gozo SPCA, please have a look on the website
http://www.spca-gozo.org/
Last edited by gozomark on Thu 23 Apr 2009 10:24 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Re: donation

Postby gozomark » Thu 23 Apr 2009 09:45 GMT

londonphoto wrote:I am planning to buy an apartment later.. so wont be a problem after that (to have pets)..

you will still need to be careful - even if you buy an apartment, there still maybe restrictions on having pets
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

really?

Postby londonphoto » Thu 23 Apr 2009 12:01 GMT

you mean at the level of condominium rules?.. they are small dogs.. it should be ok.. otherwise will go for a converted farm ! ;)

thanks
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
londonphoto
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Thu 23 Apr 2009 12:12 GMT

indeed - many apartment blocks say no pets (although the rule seems to get broken frequently)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby gozomark » Thu 23 Apr 2009 16:07 GMT

Hi Londonphoto

I understand you have made a generous contribution as well as subscribing to the "recommended suppliers" forum. Thank you from the animals at Gozo SPCA :D
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Thu 23 Apr 2009 16:16 GMT

And also many thanks from Dave and me for supporting this forum and helping us to keep ourselves and the place going. :D
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

no. thank you !

Postby londonphoto » Sat 2 May 2009 10:22 GMT

for providing all these infos and help !
I am just back from Malta and I will definitely move over there and apply for Permanent resident, as after the discussion with my financial adviser and accountant, this will be better off for me on the long terms.
If I have to be honest I was a bit disappointed from my short terms visit on the island; my hotel was in Sliema... it is supposed to be one of the best spot? my first impression was terrible !.. quite sterile spot !; I also have been shocked about the overbuilding process on the island and the completely lack of preservation of the countryside and costs; I have seen some horrible building skeletons left abandon by the seaside, just few meters from the shore.. incredible !
It is very funny to read that politicians are looking for motivations for this decline in the numbers of visitors and solutions to revitalize the tourism industry; Is it not crystal clear why tourists are not come back or going to Malta like in the past? are they blind?
It is so clear that Malta is in urgent need to impose regulations on were and how much can be build... otherwise everybody will be losing, the ambient, the developers (oversupply of properties), the tourism. How can they be so blind !
Despite this of course there are still better reasons for me to leave a cold country like UK and move in a still nice island with very nice people...
Is this problem on the politicians agenda?.. or it is completely ignored? :(
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
londonphoto
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Sat 2 May 2009 12:17 GMT

hence why many on this forum chose Gozo over Malta, or if Malta, South Malta over North Malta.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

infact..

Postby londonphoto » Sat 2 May 2009 17:36 GMT

south malta is were I am looking for.. but how long untill the entire island will became a single city made up of terrible apartment block left uncompleted ! :(
Posted by:
londonphoto
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Sat 2 May 2009 18:01 GMT

fortunately Malta is made up of more than one island :D

actually most of Malta is declared "green belt" or ODZ (outside development zone), and its very difficult to get a permit to build in an ODZ area. However, large tracts of North Malta have been destroyed in my opinion, and presumably this is what you saw - I just hope the lessons will be learnt when it comes to Gozo. Population density is much, much lower in Gozo than Malta, and there are only a few places in Gozo one can build above 3 storeys (well 2 storeys plus a small room on the roof)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Money matters