It is currently Tue 20 Aug 2019 21:45 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Money matters

Surely not another increase in electricity.

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Surely not another increase in electricity.

Postby maryanne* » Thu 13 Aug 2009 20:17 GMT

Hi,
Can anybody clarify this. Went into Enemalta offices today to check Electricity and Water bill October 08 to April 09. Spoke to a very nice lady at the desk she said the bill was correct, so no problem there .She told me the next bill will be a little lower which I expected it to be with the lower charges,but then warned that the bill after that will have 150% added. When she picked me up off the floor after the schock I asked her if this was correct she confirmed it was, so I went to nearest bar and had a few stiff drinks. :lol:

Has anybody else heard anything about this 150% increase coming up? or has this very nice lady somehow got it wrong. :roll:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maryanne*
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 13 Aug 2009 20:22 GMT

not 150% added, but the equiv of 150% surcharge I think, which is roughly what it is now. There has been no big increase announced, and given the oil price no reason for an increase of 150%

basically put, your next bill isn't going up 150% :D (not unless you've left your aircon on full blast for the last 3 months onn-stop)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

not another increase.

Postby maryanne* » Thu 13 Aug 2009 23:30 GMT

Hi Mark, well really not sure what to make of it, because she said our next bill would be lower which is correct it should be as the one we had paid included the higher surcharge and of course we have had the small reduction since, but she stated quite clearly it was going up again. Think will give them a bell find out what is really going on. Don't want any nasty shocks. :roll:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
maryanne*
Free member

Return to Money matters