It is currently Sat 24 Aug 2019 14:28 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Money matters

HSBC - regular transfers between Malta and UK bank accounts

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

HSBC - regular transfers between Malta and UK bank accounts

Postby elmacca » Mon 16 Nov 2009 15:00 GMT

Hello

Will be moving out to Malta (hopefully Sliema shortly) and am in the process of setting up an account.

Does anyone have experience with making regular transfers from HSBC Malta to HSBC UK (i.e. costs etc)? Failing that, makign regular transfers to an other UK bank?

I was told that opening up an HSBC Plus account whilst here in UK would mean I could transfer monies between the UK and Malta accounts in any direction for no fee but can't find any info on their website relating to this.

Basically I have some small investments and a personal pension I wish to keep paying into from my UK bank account.

Can anyone offer advice on the best way to make regular transfers back 'home' to the UK?

Thanks in advance for any help
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
elmacca
Free member

Postby gozomark » Mon 16 Nov 2009 17:13 GMT

Given that practically everyone else on the forum is transferring money into Malta, you might be able to reach an agreement with someone here to cut out the middleman, and do a private transaction.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby centralad » Mon 16 Nov 2009 17:44 GMT

If you have an HSBC Premier account, transfers either way will cost nothing.

A fee is charged with other HSBC accounts.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
centralad
Free member

Return to Money matters