It is currently Fri 6 Dec 2019 01:44 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Money matters

HSBC Internet banking Problem

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

HSBC Internet banking Problem

Postby Eggs » Sun 13 Dec 2009 10:25 GMT

Anyone else using this having any problems ?

We have a Maltese account with HSBC and a while back they sent us the security device which we activated and were able to logon with no problem.

Having not used it since about august i tried this week and theres something strangely wrong.

I have the right user names memorable word and then input the number from the device but i get a screen that basically gives me no options to do anything cant even see any options as it all looks a bit distorted.

Have tried on 2 different PCs running Vista and even tried on IE and Firefox with the same results.

I guess if no one has any bright ideas i will have to call them Monday to try and find out whats going on.
===================
Rob Marna Harry Zara :P
===================
Posted by:
Eggs
Supporter

Postby Eggs » Mon 14 Dec 2009 10:17 GMT

After a lengthy Call to Malta from the UK we have sorted our problem.

It seems that they had put a stop on our internet banking accaount after they had tried to contact us in July (which is a bit mad as i used the account in August), I must say though the lady on the end of the phone was extremely helpful and reset everything and i was able to connect and logon after with no problem, so well done HSBC.
===================
Rob Marna Harry Zara :P
===================
Posted by:
Eggs
Supporter

Postby centralad » Mon 14 Dec 2009 15:01 GMT

We have found the Gozo HSBC to be very helpful, and although usually busy, have time to ask how you are, and even offered a tea / coffee :D

A bit different from our UK Branch :(
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
centralad
Free member

Return to Money matters