It is currently Wed 18 Sep 2019 07:38 GMT
Change font size

Money matters

21.000 a year

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

21.000 a year

Postby king85 » Thu 17 Dec 2009 10:25 GMT

Hi
is this a ok salary ? how much would be this net after taxes each month ?

Hope someone can shine a light on the matter it is a Customer service job in once of the I gaming companies

Thanks
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
king85
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 17 Dec 2009 13:59 GMT

That is a decent salary for Malta - tax and social security contribution rates are covered in the following

http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/ ... hp?t=20622
http://www.ird.gov.mt/services/ssc/sscrates.aspx
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby king85 » Thu 17 Dec 2009 15:22 GMT

Hi

so 15% income taxes did not find how much is for social security

all I need to know if how much will be in my pocket every month :D

1200 euros 1300 ? any guess

Also is renting going around 350 euros a month plus bills would be nice to know how much folks spend on water ,gas ,cable , internet

Thanks a lot for the help tough
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
king85
Free member

Postby gozomark » Thu 17 Dec 2009 17:25 GMT

I see Soc Sec contrib link has changed - its now

http://www.ird.gov.mt/v1/services/ssc/sscrates.aspx

Income tax - depends if your wife works as to whether use married or single allowances - the 15% is the marginal, not the average rate - assuming your wife doesn't work, then the first 11,900 is tax free - thats for 2009, but I believe allowances were unchanged for 2010

soc sec - depends on whether employed or self employed - if employed 10% of your income, capped at € 32.91 a week

would be nice to know how much folks spend on water ,gas ,cable , internet - thats been discussed several times before, so if you use the search engine, you should get an idea
Last edited by gozomark on Fri 18 Dec 2009 08:59 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby king85 » Fri 18 Dec 2009 08:45 GMT

Thanks a lot

My mean concern is if I will be allowed to work right the way must wait until get the ID card and if so how long does take in weeks to get the card .

I have been searching and the forums is of great help I also try to call the Labor office in Malta but no success.

Cheers
Posted by:
king85
Free member

Postby gozomark » Fri 18 Dec 2009 08:52 GMT

You will need to apply for a work permit, and once you have that you can work. This should be fairly quick - you don't need your ID card first. As an EU citizen (or in your case the spouse of an EU citizen) you have the same rights to work as a Maltese citizen (with a few minor exceptions). HOWEVER, this might be complicated by the fact you are not an EU citizen, so your spouse will probably need to sort out their residency status first.

TBH your best bet is to ask your future employer - they will know the proceedure as I'm sure they will have gone through it already.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Laura452 » Sun 27 Jun 2010 21:09 GMT

hi king85,

i have a question for you that i would be really grateful for an answer:)

My partner has a lot of customer service experience for nintendo and other event companies, including promotions and sales, manning the customer support line etc, I know its a bit different than the online betting industry but wondered how easy it was for you to get that job. I've seen a lot of advertisements for those types of jobs and wondered if they were legitimate?

My partner is native swedish but has fluent english and wondered if you could give any advice?

btw congrats on the new job :)
Posted by:
Laura452
Free member

Return to Money matters