It is currently Sat 21 Sep 2019 14:02 GMT
Change font size

Money matters

Bank account Opening

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Postby Red » Sat 20 Feb 2010 16:51 GMT

Hi Centralad

At what cost?

Red
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Red
Supporter

Postby centralad » Sat 20 Feb 2010 17:26 GMT

Nothing.............Red
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
centralad
Free member

Postby Eggs » Sun 21 Feb 2010 01:55 GMT

lol well seeing that my dad and i own the computer shop in blandford (well actually i dont own it anymore) there are one or 2, i think its more "can the staff in HSBC Blandford use them".

Obviously not :)
===================
Rob Marna Harry Zara :P
===================
Posted by:
Eggs
Supporter

Opening an account in malta

Postby ozed » Wed 17 Mar 2010 04:44 GMT

Have been interested in these various answers which seem to imply opening an account in Malta before arriving. How is this possible without an address ?

Cheers..
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
ozed
Supporter

Postby gozomark » Wed 17 Mar 2010 06:08 GMT

Thank you on behalf of the animals at Gozo SPCA for subscribing to the recommended suppliers boards :D

TBH I can't remember what I did about an address, but it wasn't a big issue. I just went into the HSBC branch in Victoria whilst on holiday and opened an account. I think I put the UK address I had at the time.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby Sarafima » Sun 21 Mar 2010 19:11 GMT

I used my work address.
Posted by:
Sarafima
Supporter

Bank account opening

Postby ozed » Wed 24 Mar 2010 00:18 GMT

Not quite what I had in mind Mark- I presume that you were in Victoria, Gozo and not Victoria SW1 !! whereas I am in Oz and thought that folk were indicating that they opened bank accounts before arriving in Malta.

And sadly Serafima I do not have a work address, having gone well passed by "use by date "as far as employment goes

Cheers
Posted by:
ozed
Supporter

Postby fatmanfilms » Sun 3 Jul 2011 18:01 GMT

gozomark wrote:Thank you on behalf of the animals at Gozo SPCA for subscribing to the recommended suppliers boards :D

TBH I can't remember what I did about an address, but it wasn't a big issue. I just went into the HSBC branch in Victoria whilst on holiday and opened an account. I think I put the UK address I had at the time.

I have just opened an account with HSBC in Malta, I gave an address in Zurich, & gave NAT WEST in the UK for a reference. All in all it took 6 weeks. I hope to move to Malta at the end of the year.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
fatmanfilms
Free member

Postby gozomark » Sun 3 Jul 2011 20:31 GMT

Hi fatmanfilms, welcome to the forum, and thank you on behalf of the animals at Gozo SPCA for subscribing to the recommended suppliers boards :-)
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby robmalta » Sat 30 Jul 2011 17:35 GMT

Hi, just to let people know, my wife and I opened an account with HSBC High St., Sliema. Just brought our ID cards and copy lease and walked in off the street. Nice guy(Simi) had us all set up in half an hour. Had chq books, cards etc within a couple of days. I was not asked for references or anything else; though I wasn't looking for overdrafts or credit, which generally causes the added officious work.
Just our expeirence, if it helps.
Posted by:
robmalta
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Sat 30 Jul 2011 19:41 GMT

Thanks Rob - looks like things are getting easier -
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Money matters