It is currently Thu 19 Sep 2019 02:33 GMT
Change font size

Money matters

Electricity subsidy

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Electricity subsidy

Postby gozomark » Tue 18 May 2010 14:15 GMT

As some of you are aware, in the last budget, the govt said they would send a cheque to every household who consumes less than 10,000 units of electricity last year (97% of households according to the govt). Well, today I got a leaflet - all in Maltese :D

I've just had a chat with an Enemalta official, and the important bits are :

1. only residents of Malta can get the subsidy. I'm not sure if a Maltese ID card is sufficient, or if you need a residency permit as well, but if you have one you are supposed to have the other anyway
2. If the electricity bill isn't in your name, then you need to inform them by 28th May - there is a form at the back of the leaflet
3. You need to make sure the correct people are registered as living at your address (this is shown on your electricity bill)
4. If everything is correct, you need do nothing other than wait for the cheque :D

the subsidy is € 30 plus € 25 per person up to a max of 6 persons ie a max of € 180.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Money matters