It is currently Sun 8 Dec 2019 03:12 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Money matters

How long will it last? £100K

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

How long will it last? £100K

Postby Ballpix » Wed 23 Oct 2013 21:38 GMT

Hi all, long time no hear - hope you are all well.

I have finally convinced the family that a move is the best way forward for us all.

It will be in around 2 years time when my son has completed his college years.

I have contacts over in Gozo (friends) and will be looking to rent and have seen some great properties for around the 250-300 euro pm. After selling up over here I should clear around £100k in funds which we will use as a buffer till we both find work.

So how long would you feel comfortable living on the funds before you feel you had ran out?

I have explained to the family that it would give us at least five years, to settle in and get a working living to pay the bills which is more than enough time I feel.

Thoughts anyone?

Phil.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Ballpix
Free member

Postby gozomark » Wed 23 Oct 2013 21:47 GMT

Hi - if you are sensible/cautious, then should see you though the five years, no problem
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to Money matters