It is currently Sun 8 Dec 2019 02:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Money matters

Toiletries

No, really... it does!
But does it matter more in Malta than at home?

NO ADVERTISING - financial services adverts belong in our classifieds section. Get-rich-quick schemes belong in the trash.

Toiletries

Postby euphony » Thu 22 May 2014 07:19 GMT

Hi all,

One thing I've noticed when over in Gozo is the incredibly high price of toiletries, be it deodorants, shampoo, or moisturisers etc etc.
Where on earth do those of you already living there go to get your toiletries for a more reasonable price. Even non-branded items were about 5 times the price of a non-branded item over in the UK, which I found incredible! Do you just put up with it and pay it? Order it online for delivery from abroad?
Are there any cheaper stores on the main land perhaps. I'm just wondering if it's more cost-effective to go off to Malta once a month to stock up on things.
Any thoughts?

Chris
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Thu 22 May 2014 08:42 GMT

some of these I bring back for the UK, otherwise Lidl is a good place to look
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby euphony » Thu 22 May 2014 09:27 GMT

Lidl is the one place I don't think I looked for them.

I did read about a store called Tal Lira in Victoria, but I'll be darned if I could find it!
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Postby gozomark » Thu 22 May 2014 09:34 GMT

My fault of mentioning Lidl, but companies should only be mentioned in private boards. However, there are several Tal Lira shops, the biggest is in Victoria - if you google you will find the website
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby euphony » Thu 22 May 2014 09:59 GMT

ah, ok...thanks Mark. Will google that now.
I'll be joining the private boards at some point soon (ish) :)
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Return to Money matters