It is currently Wed 21 Aug 2019 17:58 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

British Pensioners in Malta/Gozo

MOVING NHS PENSION TO MALTA

Many of our members are pensioners, so here's a place to discuss the relevant issues.

MOVING NHS PENSION TO MALTA

Postby publius25 » Sat 20 Aug 2011 17:40 GMT

I'm working for the NHS and am moving to Malta. Has anyone every managed to move their NHS pension to Malta?
Posted by:
publius25

Postby gozomark » Sat 20 Aug 2011 22:11 GMT

Hi - I'm not sure what problems you envisage, but there should be no problem in having your pension paid to a Maltese bank account - there are lots of UK citizens in Malta living off a UK public sector pension.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Postby JJ » Sun 21 Aug 2011 00:50 GMT

I'm guessing this question is about moving the paid-up value of the pension to another EU country/currency to freeze it against future currency movements.

Which isn't to say that I have the remotest clue what the answer might be.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
JJ

Postby gozomark » Sun 21 Aug 2011 05:33 GMT

JJ wrote:I'm guessing this question is about moving the paid-up value of the pension to another EU country/currency to freeze it against future currency movements..

Makes sense - if so, I think the answer is no in the case of public sector UK pensions, but the only way to know is to call the pension provider.
Posted by:
gozomark
Site Admin

Return to British Pensioners in Malta/Gozo