It is currently Mon 15 Jul 2019 22:23 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

British Pensioners in Malta/Gozo

Disability Benefit

Many of our members are pensioners, so here's a place to discuss the relevant issues.

Disability Benefit

Postby euphony » Wed 29 Oct 2014 08:01 GMT

Hi all,

I know I will need to speak to the DWP in the UK to get a definitive answer on my friend's situation, but first of all i thought I would just ask here to see if anyone has any 'general' experience or knowledge of this.
I have a friend who is also thinking of moving to Gozo, but she is currently quite reliant on her Disability allowance in the UK, due to having Parkinson's. Has anyone on here been able to claim any disability benefits after moving from the UK? If anyone has then we know that it is at least possible under certain circumstances, other than it being a flat 'no'.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated :)
All the best

Chris
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

squeaker

Postby squeaker » Wed 5 Nov 2014 22:03 GMT

This is the same scenario as I am in (aiming for a November 2015 move)

From my research Contributary Based Benefits can be exported and so can DLA-Care component if you are paying NI in the UK or in reciept of Contributory benefits. PIP-Daily Living may be more complicated.

DLA-Mobility/PIP-Mobility cannot be exported.

If you get C-ESA you are also still entitled to the S1 form at the moment.
Posted by:
squeaker

Postby euphony » Tue 18 Nov 2014 08:57 GMT

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will pass that information on :)
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
euphony
Premium Member

Return to British Pensioners in Malta/Gozo